Armand + Amir's | Lime and Coconut Cheesecake

10:08 AM


Armand and Amir's surprise birthday at Fancy Breakfast Club. As usual, Armand request a special "surprise-me" cake for his birthday. Im in a cheesecake strike, and well, seeing that I just arrived in KL, I had limited time to juggle and to squeeze in a big dramatic cake. Finally, the key profile for the cheesecake was: key lime, kaffir lime, coconut, and palm sugar. Its nice to have a baking 'assistant' this time around, made it feel more fun
.










The coconut was added last minute, as I wanted something smooth to blend in everything. It turned out more savory than I expected, but, it worked really well. I love how the lime flavors and the palm sugar caramel really came out strong and it finishes off with a smooth coconut aftertaste. It was very fresh, and aromatic. Everyone loved it. Tta thinks it taste ike green curry, and kemet called it the "Nasi Kerabu" cheesecake.







Intended to garnish it with sago and kaffir lime leaves, but I was running late and the eucalyptus really works well to the rustic look I was going for. Guess its time for "Nasi Kerabu" cheesecake 2.0

Till next January. Happy Birthday Armando and Amir!


You Might Also Like

0 comments